Horizontal Boring & Tunneling Co. was established in 1982. Since that time we have established ourselves as one of the region’s foremost authorities and the most-trusted resource in trenchless utility construction.
With more than 30 years in the industry, the employees of Horizontal Boring & Tunneling Co. have built our reputation by providing a highly professional service to our customers that is always focused on safety, quality, and service.
While meeting the needs of the customer, we maintain a friendly work environment and strive to offer the flexibility needed to create a healthy work-life balance. Our employees are our biggest asset.
Benefits of joining our team!
- Stability – Since established we have never laid off any employee. In fact, the majority of our employees have been with the company for more than 10 years.
- Increased earning potential through overtime availability and incentives.
- Continuing education via hands on and classroom opportunities.
- Opportunity for advancement – most supervisory personnel have advanced from within.
- Family owned and operated.
We are a specialty trenchless utility contractor using methods such as auger boring, tunneling, directional drilling, pilot tube, micro-tunneling, and pipe ramming. Successful teammates are team players, reliable, self-starters, and responsible. As a member of our team your responsibilities will include:
- Loading and transporting materials and equipment to various jobsite locations.
- Operating specialized construction equipment and vehicles, safely, productively and according to company policy.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate paperwork (timecards, logbook, etc.).
- Learning new skills and techniques on a continual basis and passing that on to others.
- Mentoring new employees.
- Working safely at all times.
- CDL Class A with Tanker Endorsement.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical.
- Must be able to report to Exeter, Nebraska as needed for mobilization to job site locations across the United States.
- Driven to learn and take on new challenges.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Travel overnight Monday through Friday, as needed trips average one to three days.
- Work weekends as needed during periods of high demand.
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click apply.